Built in the 1890s, 1308-1312 Broadway is the oldest building in the W. Local portfolio. In 2012, the two year rehabilitation began. Hidden behind 1960s stucco was the original black terra cotta tile in exquisite condition. This discovery allowed the design team to focus on the ground floor facade and storefront systems in addition to the color of the second floor window frames. Prior to W. Local, the second floor was only used as storage for the DeLauer family’s newsstand. Now it is home to a beautifully renovated brick and timber office space.